1.28.2006

The Ultimate Box

I know, I know. You're all thinking, "Ben! When are you gonna let go of this BOX thing?" Well, I think this'll be the last post.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about. I've posted a couple of times before about whether or not there should be a proverbial box around our thoughts and beliefs. To read those rantings click here and then here.

But in relation to my last post, I just had to offer this picture as The Ultimate Box. It's a shadow box, to be exact, found at the front door of one of my friend's neighbors here in Malta. A shadow box, for those of you who may have skipped that craft class at your church's last family retreat, has a glass front for displaying little trinkets, models, or memorabilia for hanging on the wall. This one happens to display a bust of Jesus wearing a bloody crown of thorns and carrying a cross accompanied by a couple of birdies.

Some people have put God in that proverbial box, but these folks have put him in a literal one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home